Sunday, August 5, 2018

Welcome to Life After Deportation


On July 28, 2018, after being in America for 18 years, after 14 years of marriage, after 2 kids, and years of paying taxes, my husband was deported to St. Lucia. 

My husband was one of the many "low priority" immigrants that have become targeted since the Trump administration took power.


After consulting with immigration attorneys, we have come to the realization that my husband will not be able to return to America under current Immigration rules for a very long time.


We are struggling greatly with this realization, and are now making plans to reunite our family by any means necessary. 


I am planning to move to St. Lucia with my children, or at least my younger son, as my eldest will be going to college, in about two years, as soon as I complete my Master's degree. 


This next two years will be incredibly difficult and demanding on myself and my entire family as we deal with our current heartache, and prepare for our future with great faith that brighter days are ahead. 


I decided to start this blog to share my experiences, to tell my story, to monitor my progress, and most of all to show other that you are not alone.


No one seems to talk about what happens after deportation. Rarely do you hear about the family left behind, or about the struggles of returning to a "home" that is not the one you built. I hope that with this blog we can bring together a community in need, and grow and become prosperous together. That we can listen to and learn from one another.


This blog will be a safe place for proactive thought - no hate will be accepted.


Welcome to my blog - 

Life After Deportation.





No comments:

Post a Comment